We want to see your films: call for entries IndieJúnior Allianz 2021
After an excellent fourth edition, with more than 7,000 people, IndieJúnior Allianz will be back in 2021. The 5th International Children’s and Youth Film Festival of Porto will be held from January 26th to 31th, so we want to see your films.
As of today, we invite you to submit your film. We look forward to receive recent works (produced in 2019, 2020 or 2021) open to all genres and durations.
IndieJúnior Allianz is a film festival aimed at children and adolescents, segmented into programs for families, schools and the general public.
In addition to other sections, the festival has an international competition, which awards three prizes: Award for Best Film (children and youth jury), IndieJúnior Allianz Grand Prize (jury composed of film professionals) and Audience Award (audience jury).
Animation, fiction and documentary films are part of a carefully planned program, taking into account each target audience: +3 years, +6 years, +10 years, +12 years and +15 years. Concerning schools, programs are segmented for preschool, 1st, 2nd, 3rd cycles and high school.
The IndieJúnior Allianz – International Children’s and Youth Film Festival of Porto will be held from 26th to 31th January 2021. A cinema festival aimed at children and adolescents, segmented into programs for families, schools and the general public.
Animation, fiction and documentary films are part of a carefully planned program, taking into account each target audience: +3 years, +6 years, +10 years, +12 years and +15 years. Concerning schools, programs are segmented for preschool, 1st, 2nd and 3rd cycles and secondary school.
IndieJúnior Allianz intends to stimulate the exhibition of films that are not distributed nor exhibited in the traditional cinema circuits in Portugal. It aims to promote access to culture through cinema and show films (short and feature, animation, documentary and fiction) that do not reach the regular distribution channels, allowing the encounter with the new ways of seeing and thinking about the world. Another purpose is to stimulate the national production of films for children and create an enriching environment for is target audience, both in the film screenings and in the pedagogical and leisure activities that take place at the festival.
The festival gives preference to the films that have not been shown in Portugal before.
The 5th edition of IndieJúnior Allianz will be held from 26th to 31th January 2021, at Teatro Rivoli, among other venues in Porto.
(How to apply)
- To apply to IndieJúnior Allianz’s International Competition, films must fulfill all the following criteria:
– Fiction, animation, documentary or experimental short (up until 60 minutes) or feature films (from 60 minutes or longer);
– Completed in either 2019, 2020 or 2021;
- The festival may, in exceptional circumstances, decide to select films that do not fulfil one or more of these criteria. Such selection is at the discretion of the festival organizers.
- Submitted films are required to have a screener subtitled in English (in the original language of the film is not English);
- Selected films are required to have a non-subtitled exhibition copy;
- It is imperative to send the dialogue list in English (including time codes), preferably in .SRT format before sending the final version of the film.
(Juries and Awards)
- IndieJúnior Allianz official juries are:
a) jury composed of children who will attribute the Award for Best Film (500 Euros);
b) jury composed of film professionals in the field, who will attribute IndieJúnior Allianz Grand Prize (1.250 Euros);
c) an audience jury that will give the Audience Award (500 Euros);
- Juries will be able to assign honorable mentions when deemed necessary;
- Individuals directly connected with the production, exhibition or distribution of films presented in the various competitive sections cannot be part of the respective juries.
- The payment of the prizes will be made according to the bank details contained in the prize certificate, and IndieLisboa is not responsible for any information provided incorrectly. Any additional bank charges related to the operation are the responsibility of the winner.
- The payment of the prizes can be made up to 180 days after the end of the festival and after receiving it properly filled and signed.
- Submissions must be completed online via https://filmfreeway.com/IndieJuniorAllianz no later than October 12th, 2020;
- Only online screeners (requested in the application form) will be accepted;
- Links and passwords for the films must remain active until January 31, 2021. If this is not respected, the film in question may not be considered. In case you have sent an online viewing link and the film is selected we will need the downloadable file, for press/internal use;
- If relevant, please indicate if the submission is a rough cut or a work-in-progress:
- If the film is selected you should send to email@example.com the following materials:
– Immediately after the communication of the selection: dialogue list, film stills, director’s headshot, credit list and technical specifications and / or EPK (electronic press kit); exhibition authorization, trailer and / or excerpts.
– Until January 8th, 2021: exhibition copy (preferably unsubtitled) in the requested format accompanied by the detailed technical specifications.
- Submissions include an entry fee:
– early bird – June 15th to September 12th shorts 6 € / features 12 €
– regular deadline – September 13th to October 12th shorts 8 € / features 14 €
- Portuguese films (shorts and features) shall be exempt from fee.
- Entry fees are per film.
- The official selection will be announced one month before the beginning of the festival. After the communication of the selection and until after its exhibition in the festival, the selected films must not be publicly exhibited in Portugal.
- After accepting the selection in any section of IndieJúnior Allianz, the film in case cannot be withdrawn.
- Unsuccessful submissions will be notified at least one month prior to the festival.
(Retention of films)
All films copies screened during the festival must remain in the procession of the festival during its complete duration, and will be returned only after the festival is over, or in some cases, when authorized, until one month after the festival.
IndieJúnior shall be liable for the shipping costs of the exhibition copies (to the festival and back) as well as its insurance. If the film copy is shipped to another festival after IndieJúnior Allianz is over, the succeeding festival must cover the costs of the shipment.
Insurance for all film copies is the entire responsibility of the festival, from the moment the festival receives a copy until its return.
The producer (and/or the owner of the exhibition rights) of the awarded films must include the mention and the logo of IndieJúnior Allianz in all its promo and press materials produced after the award ceremony take place.
Participation in the festival implies the acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations.
Any film selected for IndieJúnior may be included in the extension of the festival within four months of the event. If you do not authorize the film to integrate the extension, you must send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, until October 12th, 2020.
All the decisions of the festival’s direction are final. IndieJúnior Allianz’s directors will be responsible for any decisions regarding issues not covered by the above regulations, in accordance with the international rules of film festivals.