Regulations for the 4th IndieJúnior Allianz, taking place from 28 January to 2 February 2020.
The IndieJúnior Allianz – International Children’s and Youth Film Festival of Porto will be held from January 28th to 2nd February 2020. A cinema festival aimed at children and adolescents, segmented into programs for families, schools and the general public.
Animation, fiction and documentary films are part of a carefully planned program, taking into account each target audience: +3 years, +6 years, +10 years, +12 years and +15 years. Concerning schools, programs are segmented for preschool, 1st, 2nd and 3rd cycles and secondary school.
IndieJúnior Allianz intends to stimulate the exhibition of films that are not distributed nor exhibited in the traditional cinema circuits in Portugal. It aims to promote access to culture through cinema and show films (short and feature, animation, documentary and fiction) that do not reach the regular distribution channels, allowing the encounter with new ways of seeing and thinking about the world. Another purpose is to stimulate the national production of films for children and create an enriching environment for is target audience, both in the film screenings and in the pedagogical and leisure activities that take place at the festival.
The festival gives preference to films that have not been shown in Portugal.
The 4th edition of IndieJúnior Allianz will be held from January 28th January to February 2nd 2020, at Teatro Rivoli, among other venues in Porto.
(How to apply)
- To apply to IndieJúnior Allianz’s International Competition, films must fulfill all the following criteria:
– Fiction, animation, documentary or experimental short (up until 60 minutes) or feature films (from 60 minutes);
– Completed in either 2018, 2019 or 2020;
- The festival may, in exceptional circumstances, decide to select films that do not fulfil one or more of these criteria. Such selection is at the discretion of the festival organizers.
- Submitted films must have a screener subtitled in English (when they are non-English speaking);
- Selected films must have a non-subtitled display copy;
- It is imperative to send the dialogue list in English (including time codes), preferably in .SRT format before sending the final version of the film.
(Juries and Awards)
- IndieJúnior Allianz official juries are:
a) jury composed of children who will attribute the Award for Best Film (500 Euros);
b) jury composed of professionals in the field, who will attribute IndieJúnior Allianz Grand Prize (1.250 Euros);
c) an audience jury that will give the Audience Award (500 Euros);
- Juries will be able to assign honorable mentions when deemed necessary;
- Individuals directly connected with the production, exhibition or distribution of films presented in the various competitive sections may not sit in the respective jury.
- Submissions must be completed online via https://filmfreeway.com/IndieJuniorAllianz no later than October 15th, 2019;
- Only online screeners (requested in the form) will be accepted;
- Links and passwords for the films must remain active until February 2nd, 2020. If this does not happen, the film in question may not be considered. In case you have sent an online viewing link and the film is selected we will need the download file, for press/internal use;
- If relevant, please indicate if the submission is a rough cut or a work in progress:
- If the film is selected you should send to email@example.com the following elements:
– Immediately after the communication of the selection: dialogue list, stills from the film and from the director, artistic and technical info of the film (when they were not previously given), exhibition authorization, trailer and EPK (electronic press kit);
– Until January 8th, 2020: exhibition print preferably without subtitles (on the requested format), technical specifications of the exhibition copy, posters, postcards and other promotional materials of the film.
- Submissions include an entry fee payment
– early bird – June 17th to September 15th shorts $6 / features $12
– regular deadline – September 16th to October 15th shorts $8 / features $14
- Portuguese films (shorts and features) shall be exempt from payment.
- Entry fees are per film.
- The official selection will be announced one month before the beginning of the festival. After the communication of the selection and until after its exhibition in the festival, the selected films must not be publicly exhibited in Portugal.
- After accepting the selection in any section of IndieJúnior Allianz, the film in case cannot be withdrawn.
- Unsuccessful submissions will be notified at least one month prior to the festival.
(Retention of films)
All films screened during the festival must remain at the festival during its complete duration, and will be returned only after the festival is over, or in some cases, when authorized, until one month after the festival.
IndieJúnior shall be liable for the costs of transporting the import and export of the exhibition copies as well as its insurance. If the film is exported to another festival, it is only the responsibility of IndieJúnior Allianz to pay the import of the film, as it is international use between festivals.
Insurance for all films is the entire responsibility of the festival, from their reception by the festival until their return.
The producer (and/or the owner of the exhibition rights of the film in film festivals) of films which have won awards during the festival must mention IndieJúnior Allianz and its logo in all publicity and press/promotion materials produced immediately after the awarding of the prize to the film.
Participation in the festival implies acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations.
Any film selected for IndieJúnior may join an extension of the festival within four months of the event. If you do not authorize the film to integrate the extension, you must send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, until October 15th, 2019
Decisions of the festival’s direction are final. IndieJúnior Allianz’s directors will be responsible for any decisions regarding issues not covered by the above regulations, in accordance with the international rules of film festivals.