The film submissions for IndieJúnior Allianz are no longer available.
The IndieJúnior Allianz – International Children’s and Youth Film Festival of Porto will be held from 29 January to 3 February 2019. A cinema festival aimed at children and adolescents, segmented into programs for families, schools and the general public.
Animation, fiction and documentary films are part of a carefully planned program, taking into account each target audience: +3 years, +6 years, +10 years, +13 years and +15 years. Concerning schools, programmes are segmented for Preschool, 1st, 2nd and 3rd cycles and secondary school.
IndieJúnior Allianz intends to stimulate the public exhibition of films that are neither distributed nor exhibited within Portugal’s traditional circuits. The festival gives preference to national premieres. The films are carefully chosen to correspond to the interests, problems and inspirations of each age group with the aim of establishing a communication relationship between work and spectator, leaving room for debate and reflection at school, at home and in life.
The 3rd edition of IndieJúnior Allianz will be held from 29 January to 3 February 2019.
(How to apply)
1. To apply to IndieJúnior Allianz’s International Competition, films must fulfill all the following criteria:
– Fiction, animation, documentary or experimental short (up until 59 minutes) or feature films (from 60 minutes);
– Completed in 2016, 2017 or 2018;
2. The festival may, in exceptional circumstances, decide to select films that do not fulfill one or more of these criteria. Such selection is at the discretion of the festival organizers.
1. Submitted films must have a screener subtitled in English (except for English spoken films).
2. Selected films must have a screening copy subtitled in English (except for English spoken films).
3. The festival will provide for a Portuguese translation and electronic subtitling.
(Juries and Awards)
1. IndieJúnior Allianz official juries are:
a) jury composed of children who will attribute the Schools Award for Best Film.
b) jury composed of professionals in the field, who will attribute the IndieJunior Allianz Grand Prize.
c) an audience jury that will give the Audience Award.
2. Juries will be able to assign honorable mentions when deemed necessary.
3. Individuals directly connected with the production, exhibition or distribution of films presented in the various competitive sections may not sit in the respective jury
1. Submissions must be completed online via www.indiejunior.com/submissions no later than October 15th, 2018.
2. The link and password for the film should be valid until January 1st, 2019. Please note that we will need to download the file for press/internal use, if your film is selected.
3. If relevant, please indicate if the submission is a work in progress.
4. If the film is selected you should send to IndieJúnior Allianz – International Children’s and Youth Film Festival of Porto, Casa do Cinema, Rua da Rosa, 2º, Sala 1.4 – 1200-385 Lisboa, Portugal the following elements:
– Immediately after the communication of the selection: dialogue list, stills from the film and from the director, artistic and technical infos of the film (when they were not previously given), exhibition authorization, trailer and EPK (electronic press kit);
– Until January 1st, 2019: exhibition print with English subtitles (on the requested format), posters, postcards, other materials.
1. Submissions include an entry fee payment
short films: 5 euros
feature films: 10 euros
2. Portuguese films (shorts and features) shall be exempt from payment. To this effect you should fill the specific form.
3. Entry fees are per film.
1. The official selection will be announced one month before the beginning of the festival. After the communication of the selection and until after its exhibition in the festival, the selected films must not be publicly exhibited in Portugal.
2. After accepting the selection in any section of IndieJúnior Allianz, the film in case cannot be withdrawn.
3. Unsuccessful submissions will be notified at least one month prior to the festival.
(Retention of films)
All films screened during the festival must remain at the festival during its complete duration, and will be returned only after the festival is over, or in some cases, when authorized, until one month after the festival.
1. The shipping costs of DVDs submitted to the festival for selection purposes must be paid by the person/organization submitting the film.
2. Transportation costs (round-trip) for films that are selected for the programme – as well as the insurance relating to them – are the festival’s responsibility, except when the film is being shipped to another festival. In such cases, IndieJúnior Allianz will pay only for the coming of the film (in accordance with standard practice at international film festivals).
Insurance for all films is the entire responsibility of the festival, from their reception by the festival until their return.
The producer (and/or the owner of the exhibition rights of the film in film festivals) of films that have won awards during the festival must mention IndieJúnior Allianz and its logo in all publicity and press/promotion materials produced immediately after the awarding of the prize to the film.
Participation in the festival implies acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations.
If the film is awarded, it can integrate a festival extension within four months of the event. If you do not authorize the film to integrate the extension, you must send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org until October 15th, 2018.
Decisions of the festival’s direction are final. IndieJúnior Allianz’s directors will be responsible for any decisions regarding issues not covered by the above regulations, in accordance with the international rules of film festivals.